Patient Safety Tool: APIC's MRSA Elimination Guide
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology offers a free guide to eliminating methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
This second edition of the guide, which was published in 2010, includes practice guidance to eliminate MRSA transmission in hospital settings. The guide addresses MRSA risk assessment, surveillance, antimicrobial stewardship, decolonization and other issues. A recent study on MRSA decolonization also provides insight into preventing this infection.
Download the MRSA elimination guide for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on MRSA:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Solving a 100-year-old surgical quality problem with simple physicsRead Now
- Precision Orthopedics surgeons host robotic joint replacement seminar for patients
- Utah Surgical Arts reaccredited by AAAHC
- The need to change: What ASC owners can learn from 3 legendary Chicago businesses
- 12 ASCs With Innovative Cost-Cutting Initiatives
- MEDNAX acquires Associated Anesthesiologists of Joliet, 3 related entities