Patient Safety Tool: APIC's MRSA Elimination Guide
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology offers a free guide to eliminating methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
This second edition of the guide, which was published in 2010, includes practice guidance to eliminate MRSA transmission in hospital settings. The guide addresses MRSA risk assessment, surveillance, antimicrobial stewardship, decolonization and other issues. A recent study on MRSA decolonization also provides insight into preventing this infection.
Download the MRSA elimination guide for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on MRSA:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How to Drive GI Center Growth Post Healthcare Reform: Q&A With Dr. Mark Noar
- Anesthesia Touch V4 Receives 2014 ONC-ACB EHR Certification by Drummond Group
- Top 10 Most-Read Patient Safety Tools Dec. 2-6, 2013
- Global Anesthesia Devices Market to Reach $8.1B by 2014
- FUJIFILM Medical Systems Showcases New Breast Imaging Workstation