Patient Education Tool: Medication Risks Poster
The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality offers a free, downloadable poster that lists questions patients should always ask their doctor or pharmacist whenever getting a new prescription.
The one-page poster reminds patients to ask the following questions:
- What is the name of the medication?
- What is it supposed to do?
- How and when do I take the medication?
- How much do I take and for how long?
- What are the potential side effects?
- Are my other medicines still needed?
- Does this medicine interact with any others? With foods?
Download the OFMQ's medication risks poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Texas & Florida lack funding to launch substantial Zika prevention awareness among pregnant women: 4 insights
- Global healthcare payer BPO market to hit $34.2B: 6 things to know
- CDC awards $226M to 5 academic centers for patient safety efforts: 5 notes
- Texas Fertility Center opens ASC to bring fertility services to Austin residents: 5 points
- Global ophthalmology devices market to reach $18.28B: 5 takeaways