Patient Education Tool: Medication Risks Poster
The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality offers a free, downloadable poster that lists questions patients should always ask their doctor or pharmacist whenever getting a new prescription.
The one-page poster reminds patients to ask the following questions:
- What is the name of the medication?
- What is it supposed to do?
- How and when do I take the medication?
- How much do I take and for how long?
- What are the potential side effects?
- Are my other medicines still needed?
- Does this medicine interact with any others? With foods?
Download the OFMQ's medication risks poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Using data to increase patient engagement — 5 notesRead Now
- K2M launches 2nd generation spinal deformity system in the U.S.: 5 things to know
- Marsh Foundation receives CARF accreditation — 6 things to know
- Avera St. Lukes buys Dakota Plains Surgical Center for $36.9M — 5 things to know
- Texas Health Surgery Center Rockwall files form D — 4 things to know
- Caddis Health Care Real Estate purchases Manatee Surgical Center for $5.4M — 5 key notes