Patient Education Tool: FAQs About CAUTIs Poster
The CDC provides a free, downloadable poster identifying frequently asked questions about catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
The poster addresses eight questions, including the following:
- What is "catheter-associated urinary tract infection"?
- What is a urinary catheter?
- What are some of the things that hospitals are doing to prevent catheter-associated urinary tract infections?
- What do I need to do when I go home from the hospital?
The poster is available as a single page (English), two pages (English, larger text) and two pages (Spanish, larger text).
Download the single page (English) by clicking here (pdf); two pages (English, larger text) by clicking here (pdf); and two pages (Spanish, larger text) by clicking here (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on CAUTIs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Johns Hopkins moves to stop procedures that are performed infrequently: 4 things to knowRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today