Patient Education Tool: FAQs About CAUTIs Poster
The CDC provides a free, downloadable poster identifying frequently asked questions about catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
The poster addresses eight questions, including the following:
- What is "catheter-associated urinary tract infection"?
- What is a urinary catheter?
- What are some of the things that hospitals are doing to prevent catheter-associated urinary tract infections?
- What do I need to do when I go home from the hospital?
The poster is available as a single page (English), two pages (English, larger text) and two pages (Spanish, larger text).
Download the single page (English) by clicking here (pdf); two pages (English, larger text) by clicking here (pdf); and two pages (Spanish, larger text) by clicking here (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on CAUTIs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Malnourished patients more likely than morbidly obese patients to face complications after orthopedic procedures, study findsRead Now
- 8 new outpatient surgical centers in March 2015
- Naval Hospital Jacksonville uses human simulators to hone skills, improve patient safety
- Ensure employee satisfaction without offering raises: 5 strategies
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Anne Henkel of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Study: High intake of marine omega-3 oils lowers risk of certain CRC subtypes