Patient Education Tool: Consumer Healthcare Tips in Spanish
The 10 tips for preventing medical errors, translated into Spanish, include:
• How to Reduce Your Risk of Falling (Como Reducir los Riesgos de Sufrir Caidas)
• How You Can Help Prevent Medication Errors (Como Puede Ayudar a Prevenir Errores de Medicacion)
• What You Can Do to Prevent Wrong Site Surgery (Lo Que Puede Hacer Para Prevenir que se Realicen Cirugias en Zonas Equivocadas)
• MRSA and Other Healthcare-Associated Infections (SARM y Otras Infecciones Relacionadas a la Atencion Sanitaria)
• Why You Should Get the Flu Vaccine (Por que Debe Recibir la Vacuna Contra la Gripe)
• Help Your Doctor Diagnose You Correctly (Ayude a Que su Medico le Brinde un Diagnostico Correcto)
• What You Need to Know About Insulin (Lo que Debe Saber Acerca de la Insulina)
• What You Should Know If You Are Receiving Dialysis (Lo Que Debe Saber si se Realiza Dialisis)
• Pregnancy and Diagnostic X-Rays: What You Should Know (Embarazo y Radiografias de Diagnostico: Lo Que Debe Saber)
• Do You Have Obstructive Sleep Apnea? (Padece de Apnea Obstructiva del Sueno?)
Access Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority's consumer tips here.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medical Errors:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- PENTAX Medical launches OPTIVISTA video processor in the US, Medigus' MUSE system safe for long-term GERD treatment & more — 14 GI company key notes
- GI physicians, PCPs have differing reasons for recommending surveillance colonoscopy to seniors: 5 findings
- Approximately 50% of Crohn's disease patients receiving STELARA achieved clinical remission: 4 insights from a new study
- VA proposes rule to allow CRNAs to expand scope of practice: 5 notes
- Thank you for downloading "Consumerism Is Here: The Art & Science of Acquiring New Patients"