Patient Education Tool: AHRQ's "Taking Care of Myself" Brochure
The bilingual guide can help hospitals reduce their readmission rates by better preparing patients for self-care and follow-up appointments before they leave the hospital. The guide "Taking Care of Myself: A Guide for When I Leave the Hospital/Cómo cuidarme: Guía para cuando salga del hospital" is available as a printed document or fillable PDF that clinicians can complete in the hospital and share with patients before they leave.
The guide is adapted from Project RED, which was funded by AHRQ and developed by Brian Jack, MD, and colleagues at Boston University Medical Center.
Download the English or Spanish version of the "Taking Care of Myself" brochure.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Readmissions:Medicare Advantage Patients Experience Fewer Readmissions Than Fee For Service Patients
Q&A With Johns Hopkins' Dr. Peter Pronovost: How Clinical Communities Can Reduce Harm
Patient Education Tool: National Patient Safety Foundation's Tips for Preventing Readmission
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Change Healthcare and SourceMed partner in order to create integrated billing solutions for outpatient providers
- 5 risks ASC owners face when they don't have a succession plan
- 5 things to know about AAAHC's Dr. Arnaldo Valedon
- Global capsule endoscopy market to grow at CAGR 14.8% until 2020: 5 trends
- NJ Devils' Jon Merrill has shoulder surgery at Midtown Surgical Center: 5 things to know