Operating Room Device to Know: Cygnus Medical Patient Positioning Products
Medical Patient Positioning Products from Fairfield, N.J.-based Cygnus Medical help keep patients safe by ensuring proper alignment during surgery.
A series of firm foam pads prevent pressure sores and nerve damage for patients under anesthesia. The pads come in five shapes — head positioning, positioning products for arms, torso positioning, joint positioning and abduction pillows.
The materials are non-latex, non-toxic and fire retardant.
More Articles on Infection Control:
Study: Ambulatory Healthcare Providers Failed to Decrease Certain Overused Services
Patient Safety Tool: Patient/Family Discharge Planning Checklist
Patient Navigation Can Help Hospitals Reach Quality, Cost Goals
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
The health risks of antibacterial soapRead Now
- 3 ways to trim down ASC business office costs for more powerful revenue cycle management strategy
- Mobile health technology — 6 key notes for ASC leaders
- What is important for ASC leaders to know today? 3 key thoughts from Susan Kizirian
- Emory's "Team Ebola" to receive patient safety award
- 5 parasites that have travelled the world