Operating Room Device to Know: Cygnus Medical Patient Positioning ProductsThe Medical Patient Positioning Products from Fairfield, N.J.-based Cygnus Medical help keep patients safe by ensuring proper alignment during surgery.
A series of firm foam pads prevent pressure sores and nerve damage for patients under anesthesia. The pads come in five shapes — head positioning, positioning products for arms, torso positioning, joint positioning and abduction pillows.
The materials are non-latex, non-toxic and fire retardant.
More Articles on Infection Control:
Study: Ambulatory Healthcare Providers Failed to Decrease Certain Overused Services
Patient Safety Tool: Patient/Family Discharge Planning Checklist
Patient Navigation Can Help Hospitals Reach Quality, Cost Goals
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the free Becker's Operating Room Clinical Quality & Infection Control E-Weekly, which focuses on clinical quality, infection control, patient safety and accreditation, click here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions