Operating Room Device to Know: Cygnus Medical Patient Positioning Products
Medical Patient Positioning Products from Fairfield, N.J.-based Cygnus Medical help keep patients safe by ensuring proper alignment during surgery.
A series of firm foam pads prevent pressure sores and nerve damage for patients under anesthesia. The pads come in five shapes — head positioning, positioning products for arms, torso positioning, joint positioning and abduction pillows.
The materials are non-latex, non-toxic and fire retardant.
More Articles on Infection Control:
Study: Ambulatory Healthcare Providers Failed to Decrease Certain Overused Services
Patient Safety Tool: Patient/Family Discharge Planning Checklist
Patient Navigation Can Help Hospitals Reach Quality, Cost Goals
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies