NQF Endorses Patient-Focused CAHPS Surgical Care Survey
The National Quality Forum's endorsement of a Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Surgical Care Survey measure became effective June 1, according to an American College of Surgeons release.
The American College of Surgeons, in partnership with other surgical and anesthesia organizations and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality CAHPS Consortium, developed the survey to assess surgical patients' experiences before, during and after surgical procedures. The survey will help adequately identify opportunities to improve quality of care, surgical outcomes, public reporting and patient satisfaction.
Related Articles on NQF:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition