National Association for Healthcare Quality Offers 5 Recommended Practices for Quality
NAHQ's call to action provides detailed recommendations to enhance provider institution quality, improve ongoing safety reporting and protect staff. NAHQ collaborated with several national healthcare professional organizations to develop the recommendations, including the American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, National Patient Safety Foundation and The Joint Commission.
The recommended practices included in the call to action are:
• Create a focus on accountability for quality and safety as part of a strong and just culture.
• Ensure that protective structures are in place to encourage reporting of quality and safety concerns.
• Ensure comprehensive, transparent, accurate data collection and reporting to internal and external oversight bodies.
• Ensure effective responses to quality and safety concerns.
• Foster teamwork and open communication and ensure effective oversight.
To access the call to action, click here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
5 tips for avoiding wrong-site surgeryRead Now
- ASC staff management primer: 10 key articles for surgery center leaders
- Dr. Jacquelyn Short joins LaFollette Eye Clinic
- Engage the disengaged: 9 tips for underperforming employees
- Flexion Therapeutics prices underwritten public offering of 5.04M shares
- CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay open