National Association for Healthcare Quality Offers 5 Recommended Practices for Quality
NAHQ's call to action provides detailed recommendations to enhance provider institution quality, improve ongoing safety reporting and protect staff. NAHQ collaborated with several national healthcare professional organizations to develop the recommendations, including the American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, National Patient Safety Foundation and The Joint Commission.
The recommended practices included in the call to action are:
• Create a focus on accountability for quality and safety as part of a strong and just culture.
• Ensure that protective structures are in place to encourage reporting of quality and safety concerns.
• Ensure comprehensive, transparent, accurate data collection and reporting to internal and external oversight bodies.
• Ensure effective responses to quality and safety concerns.
• Foster teamwork and open communication and ensure effective oversight.
To access the call to action, click here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASC nightmare: Wrong-site surgery & what to do about itRead Now
- Bloss Memorial Healthcare District acquires Central California Dental Surgicenter for $300k
- Fichte, Endl & Elmer Eyecare to open ASC in 2015
- Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates adds 4 physicians
- Weston Outpatient Surgical Center recognized for high standards
- enGene raises $11.5M for intestinal gene delivery platform development