National Association for Healthcare Quality Offers 5 Recommended Practices for Quality
NAHQ's call to action provides detailed recommendations to enhance provider institution quality, improve ongoing safety reporting and protect staff. NAHQ collaborated with several national healthcare professional organizations to develop the recommendations, including the American College of Physician Executives, American Medical Association, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, National Patient Safety Foundation and The Joint Commission.
The recommended practices included in the call to action are:
• Create a focus on accountability for quality and safety as part of a strong and just culture.
• Ensure that protective structures are in place to encourage reporting of quality and safety concerns.
• Ensure comprehensive, transparent, accurate data collection and reporting to internal and external oversight bodies.
• Ensure effective responses to quality and safety concerns.
• Foster teamwork and open communication and ensure effective oversight.
To access the call to action, click here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
4 notes on the 4th annual Patient Safety, Science & Technology SummitRead Now
- 11 innovative apps for ASC administrators
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Andrea Todisco of University of Michigan Health System
- Experimental chemical inhibitor therapy effective in suppressing UC: 4 key notes
- Dr. Ryan Gassin joins Mercy Clinic Anesthesiology: 3 quick facts
- 11 expert recommendations for C. Diff-associated diarrhea prevention