Joint Commission Revises Laboratory Accreditation Requirement
The Joint Commission announced a revision of a Laboratory Accreditation Program requirement related to blood transfusion services, effective immediately.
Under the revision to Standard QSA.05.01.01, Element of Performance 4, the blood transfusion service director or technical supervisor is required to conduct a review of blood transfusion policies and procedures only every two years instead of annually.
This change affects all laboratories currently accredited under the Laboratory Accreditation Program.
More Articles on The Joint Commission:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About