Improve Patient-Physician Communication With Just Pen and Paper
Patients who were provided a notepad and pen reported increased satisfaction with physician communication, according to a study in the Journal of Hospital Medicine.
The University of Michigan Health System in Ann Arbor developed a patient communication tool called Dear Doctor, a bedside notepad to enhance patient-centered care.
Read the full story on the Dear Doctor notepad and patient-centered care in Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Predictive analytics helps hospital reduce colon surgery SSI risk by 58%Read Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career