House Hears Testimony on Meningitis OutbreakOn Wednesday, federal and state officials and relatives of victims of the recent fungal meningitis outbreak gave testimony at a hearing held by the House Energy and Commerce Committee, according to an AHA News Now report.
The outbreak stems from contaminated drugs from the New England Compounding Center in Framingham, Mass., which have been linked to 32 deaths and more than 438 illnesses.
Click here to read the full story on the meningitis outbreak hearing in Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the free Becker's Operating Room Clinical Quality & Infection Control E-Weekly, which focuses on clinical quality, infection control, patient safety and accreditation, click here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions