FDA Discovers Contaminated Products, Unsterile Conditions at Ameridose
USA Today report.
The report details a string of shortcomings, including ineffective drugs, unsterile or dilapidated environmental conditions and wildlife, at Ameridose. Sister company NECC is at the center of a federal investigation into a meningitis outbreak believed to be linked to contaminated NECC products. So far, the outbreak has claimed 32 lives and more than 400 meningitis illnesses.
Ameridose has already voluntarily recalled its products in late October after the FDA reported the company could not demonstrate product sterility and safety.
More Articles on Patient Safety:4 Risk Factors for Immediate Use Sterilization
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
2 ASCs win national quality awardsRead Now
- 35 summer reading picks for surgeons
- Becker's Healthcare announces ambulatory surgery center educational program
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief information officer strategy roundtable
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief executive officer strategy roundtable
- Syracuse VA Medical Center names Dr. Virginia Nelson anesthesia chief