Delaware Law Extends Hospital Infection Disclosure Requirement to ASCs
A new Delaware law extends the Hospital Infections Disclosure Act to freestanding surgical centers.
The act, now named the Healthcare Associated Infections Disclosure Act, requires hospitals and correctional facilities to report certain infection rates to Delaware Health and Social Services on a quarterly basis through the CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network. Under the new law, the disclosure act now applies to ambulatory surgery centers, dialysis centers long-term care facilities and psychiatric facilities.
More Articles on Quality Reporting:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug