Delaware Law Extends Hospital Infection Disclosure Requirement to ASCs
Delaware law extends the Hospital Infections Disclosure Act to freestanding surgical centers.
The act, now named the Healthcare Associated Infections Disclosure Act, requires hospitals and correctional facilities to report certain infection rates to Delaware Health and Social Services on a quarterly basis through the CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network. Under the new law, the disclosure act now applies to ambulatory surgery centers, dialysis centers long-term care facilities and psychiatric facilities.
More Articles on Quality Reporting:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- PriorityOne to Expand Team in 2014, Move to Bigger Office Location
- BayCare Ambulatory Surgery Center to Begin Expansion Project
- Albany Urology Clinic & Surgical Center Opens in New Location
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Names Nueterra Global Alliance Best New Business
- Weill Cornell Researchers Link Controlled Breathing to IBD Symptom Relief