Deadline Tomorrow for ASC Quality Reporting to CMS
Ambulatory surgery centers treating Medicare beneficiaries must report 2012 volume data for select procedures and verify use of safe surgery checklists on QualityNet by tomorrow or face payment reductions from Medicare in 2015, according to an ASCA alert.
The original reporting deadline to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services was pushed back to Aug. 23 due to operations delay of the QualityNet system. Around 2,800 facilities have already completed the reporting process, according to CMS. Some centers have entered data for only one measure, but ASCs must complete measures six and seven to avoid penalties.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Can Ambulatory Surgery Centers Survive ObamaCare? Q&A With Kim White
Most Important Issues Affecting Surgery Centers: 9 Administrators Discuss
23 Statistics on Desired ASC Specialties in 2010 vs. 2013
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About