Communication Strategies for ICU Patients Unable to Speak
The toolkit, called Study of Patient-Nurse Effectiveness with Assisted Communication Strategies, includes a communication training program, techniques to interact with patients who are unable to speak and a presentation of the role of a speech language pathologist.
Access SPEACS-2 for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Quality:
Adverse Events Decline 2005-2011: Study
New Clinical Data Framework Available From IOM
The White Coat: A Threat to Infection Control?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
10 Things to Know About Infection ControlRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers