Communication Strategies for ICU Patients Unable to Speak
The toolkit, called Study of Patient-Nurse Effectiveness with Assisted Communication Strategies, includes a communication training program, techniques to interact with patients who are unable to speak and a presentation of the role of a speech language pathologist.
Access SPEACS-2 for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Quality:
Adverse Events Decline 2005-2011: Study
New Clinical Data Framework Available From IOM
The White Coat: A Threat to Infection Control?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
CMS Delays Quality Reporting Measure ASC-11 ImplementationRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA