ASC Data Collection for CMS Delayed to April 1
The data collection will be delayed until April 1, 2014 for these three measures:
• Endoscopy/Poly Surveillance: Appropriate follow-up interval for normal colonoscopy in average risk patients
• Endoscopy/Poly surveillance: Colonoscopy interval for patients with a history of adenomatous polyps — avoidance of inappropriate use
• Cataracts: Improvement in patient's visual function within 90 days following cataract surgery
ASCs still need to report data from this year, but instead of reporting for all 12 months only patient encounters from April 1 to Dec. 31 should be included, according to the report.
CMS has also released an addendum to the ASCQR Specifications Manual to reflect the changes made in the 2014 ASC Final Payment Rule.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
What Level of Earnings Growth Do ASC Management & Development Companies Expect From Acquired ASCs?
Nurse Leadership at ASCs: How to Grow a Great DON
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Patient safety tool: AHIMA, AHDI's QA program implementation resource kitRead Now
- ASCAI victory in Illinois leads to changes for Medicare-certified ASCs
- 24 new statistics on ASC staff salary, wages across the country
- Will political conflict stop the U.S. from tackling its healthcare spending problem?
- Has Maryland found a solution to the U.S. healthcare cost crisis?
- CMS: 3 new ICD-10 testing weeks