ASC Data Collection for CMS Delayed to April 1
The data collection will be delayed until April 1, 2014 for these three measures:
• Endoscopy/Poly Surveillance: Appropriate follow-up interval for normal colonoscopy in average risk patients
• Endoscopy/Poly surveillance: Colonoscopy interval for patients with a history of adenomatous polyps — avoidance of inappropriate use
• Cataracts: Improvement in patient's visual function within 90 days following cataract surgery
ASCs still need to report data from this year, but instead of reporting for all 12 months only patient encounters from April 1 to Dec. 31 should be included, according to the report.
CMS has also released an addendum to the ASCQR Specifications Manual to reflect the changes made in the 2014 ASC Final Payment Rule.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
What Level of Earnings Growth Do ASC Management & Development Companies Expect From Acquired ASCs?
Nurse Leadership at ASCs: How to Grow a Great DON
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies