APIC announces Heroes of Infection Prevention award winners
The award recognizes infection preventionists who have successfully reduced infection, raised awareness and improved the health and safety of patients and healthcare workers.
Here are the winners:
• Fiaz Ahamed, MBBS, MD, of Al Rass General Hospital in Al Rass, Saudi Arabia
• Lita Jo Henman, MPH, CIC, of Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
• Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group in Riyad, Saudi Arabia
• Rose Gathigia Ngugi, ICN, RN of The Nairobi Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya
• Sara Podczervinski, RN, MPH, CIC of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
• The University of Colorado Health Infection Prevention and Control Team in Aurora
More Articles on Quality:Despite Guidelines, Antibiotics Prescribed at High Rate for Bronchitis
New Pathogen-Identification Method Leads to Cost Savings: Study
Kaiser South Sacramento Patients Potentially Exposed to Whooping Cough
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts