7 Steps to Comply With Joint Commission Risk Assessment RequirementTo comply with The Joint Commission, organizations must regularly assess and respond to risks in the healthcare environment.
The Joint Commission offers seven steps to help organizations assess risks in Joint Commission Online:
1. Identify the issue.
2. Develop arguments that support the proposed process or issue.
3. Develop arguments that oppose the proposed process or issue.
4. Evaluate both arguments.
5. Reach a conclusion.
6. Document the process.
7. Monitor and reassess the conclusion.
More Articles on The Joint Commission:Joint Commission Accredits Fairfield Memorial Hospital
Santa Rosa Community Health Earns Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval
Top 10 Root Causes of Sentinel Events
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the free Becker's Operating Room Clinical Quality & Infection Control E-Weekly, which focuses on clinical quality, infection control, patient safety and accreditation, click here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers