7 Educational Tools for Prevention of Wrong-Site Surgery
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority offers seven downloadable educational tools for the prevention of wrong-site surgery.
The tools are designed to boost healthcare facilities' education on wrong-site surgery and maintain correct and safe surgery. They include:
1. Principles for Reliable Performance of Correct-Site Surgery
2. Evidence Base for the Principles
3. Doing the "Right" Things to Correct Wrong-Site Surgery
4. Gaining Insight into Wrong-Site Surgery
5. Time-Out in the OR Competition
6. Actions to Satisfy Universal Protocol and WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
7. How Can You Prevent Wrong-Site Surgery?
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug