7 Educational Tools for Prevention of Wrong-Site Surgery
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority offers seven downloadable educational tools for the prevention of wrong-site surgery.
The tools are designed to boost healthcare facilities' education on wrong-site surgery and maintain correct and safe surgery. They include:
1. Principles for Reliable Performance of Correct-Site Surgery
2. Evidence Base for the Principles
3. Doing the "Right" Things to Correct Wrong-Site Surgery
4. Gaining Insight into Wrong-Site Surgery
5. Time-Out in the OR Competition
6. Actions to Satisfy Universal Protocol and WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
7. How Can You Prevent Wrong-Site Surgery?
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About