Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center’s Lt. Col. Dr. Chad Hivnor Receives Award
Lt. Col. Dr. Chad Hivnor, a physician with the Dermatology Clinic at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, recently received the 2013 Paul W. Myers Award from the U.S. Air Force Association, according to a report from The Courier.
Dr. Hivnor received the award for his work “using lasers to improve the skin texture and flexibility on wounded warriers,” according to the report. He treats wounded warriors with burns, scars and other issues from combat. He previously received a $1.1 million grant for a joint research project with Massachusetts General Hospital and Shriner’s Hospital of Boston to study amputee range of motion after laser treatment.
The award is presented to a member of the Air Force medical corps who made a significant contribution to “the continued good health of the men and women of the Air Force,” according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Collect From Patients: Best Practice for Sending Statements
- Bank of America Donates to Fight Childhood Obestity
- 10 Qualities of Successful Leaders
- Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Blocks May Improve Quality of Recovery After Breast Surgery, Study Finds
- ASA: CMS Calls for Volunteers for End-to-End ICD-10 Claims Testing