Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center’s Lt. Col. Dr. Chad Hivnor Receives Award
Lt. Col. Dr. Chad Hivnor, a physician with the Dermatology Clinic at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, recently received the 2013 Paul W. Myers Award from the U.S. Air Force Association, according to a report from The Courier.
Dr. Hivnor received the award for his work “using lasers to improve the skin texture and flexibility on wounded warriers,” according to the report. He treats wounded warriors with burns, scars and other issues from combat. He previously received a $1.1 million grant for a joint research project with Massachusetts General Hospital and Shriner’s Hospital of Boston to study amputee range of motion after laser treatment.
The award is presented to a member of the Air Force medical corps who made a significant contribution to “the continued good health of the men and women of the Air Force,” according to the report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Surgery Center of Hamilton's Dr. Chetan Shah Joins Aethlon Medical Board of DirectorsRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers