ASC Leader to Know: Tracy Hoeft-Hoffman of Fremont Surgical Center
Prior to joining Fremont Surgical Center six months ago, Ms. Hoeft-Hoffman served as administrator at Hastings (Neb.) Surgery Center, a Nueterra Healthcare facility, for more than six years. She has more than 20 years of experience in nursing management and administration. She is involved with the Nebraska Association of Independent Ambulatory Centers, Nebraska Medical Group Management Association and ASCA.
At the 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference in Chicago last October, Ms. Hoeft-Hoffman shared key tips for preparing for CMS surveyor visits, including use of surveyor worksheets, mock surveys, benchmarking and staff/physician preparation. Ms. Hoeft-Hoffman said she keeps all documents in a single CMS survey "manual," adding it's important for other employees to know where this is located in case the survey occurs when the administrator is out.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Quality Improvement Tip: 8 Steps for Change Management
- Focus ICD-10 Budgeting on HIT to Minimize Impact
- 10 Most-Read Patient Safety Tools Dec. 9-13
- Physicians Participating in ACA Exchanges: 57% Say They Will to Remain Competitive
- Bipartisan Budget Would Delay 20.1% Medicare Pay Cut to Physicians, Give 0.5% Raise