ASC Leader to Know: Dr. Robert Boeglin of Midwest Eye Institute and Health Venture Management
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Boeglin was an active lecturer at the American Academy of Ophthalmology national conference and was honored with the AAO Achievement Award in 2002. Dr. Boeglin decided to leave clinical practice that year to pursue full-time healthcare administration.
In 2007, Dr. Boeglin, with Naval Sondhi, MD, and Clarian Health, formed Health Venture Management. The company has a focus on providing executive leadership and operational management of surgery centers but also engages with hospitals to improve quality, safety and efficiency. Since its inception, HVM has grown and currently manages six surgery center companies with eight locations in central Indiana.
Dr. Boeglin completed his medical education at Indiana University and completed a glaucoma fellowship at Yale University.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About