ASC Leader to Know: Dr. David Shapiro of Ambulatory Surgery Company
Dr. Shapiro holds designations both as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management from the American Hospital Association and as Certified in Healthcare Compliance from the Healthcare Compliance Certification Board. He also acts as a surveyor for the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
In an interview with FOX Business in March, Dr. Shapiro explained the cost-effective, efficient alternative to hospitals offered by surgery centers. According to Dr. Shapiro, the ASC system "benefits from the repetition and specialization: preoperative nursing care, interoperative medical care of an anesthesiologist, radiologist or surgeon, and postoperative care."
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About