ASC Industry Leader to Know: Robert Westergard of Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America
Prior to joining ASCOA, Mr. Westergard worked as the controller for Truman Capital Advisors. He has an additional eight years of finance and accounting experience in the software, chemical and healthcare industries and received his bachelor's degree in accounting from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
Mr. Westergard discussed ways to improve ASC profits at the 10th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference in Chicago. ASCs manage numerous financial issues, including some that may not be obvious at first glance, he said. For example, besides accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking, ASCs' coding, contracts, inventory and partners involve finances ASC leaders must manage. ASC leaders need to create daily, weekly and monthly reports to manage all these areas, he said.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Creditron, MediStreams Partner for Small Practice Patient Payment Processing System
- 3 Key Takeaways on Healthcare Billing From TransUnion Survey
- 10 Things to Know About Orthopedics
- 7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting