Job Opening: Vice President of Operations for Blue Chip Partners
Please email resumes to Jessie LeFevers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Vice President/Operations – Blue Chip Partners
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer – Blue Chip Partners
Purpose: In conjunction with ASC Administrator, Business Office Manager and BCSCP support personnel, VP/Operations will direct and facilitate the activities required to attain financial profitability within their 3-4 assigned ambulatory surgery centers, up to and including, development activities, operations preparation, recruitment, board/partner relationships, financial oversight, regulatory and quality oversight, budget preparation and strategic planning.
• Develop and implement corporate and clinical services, policies and procedures at the center level.
• Maintain current knowledge of federal and state regulations and standards of accrediting organizations (Joint Commission/AAAHC) pertaining to ambulatory surgery centers.
• Monitor, audit and evaluate the quality of clinical services provided at assigned ASCs by conducting on-site assessments.
• Responsible for all clinical aspects of assigned ASCs' performance.
• Address physician partner concerns and problems relating to clinical services.
Same Store Growth
• Understand the partners, the practice and the market in sufficient depth to bring value to partners by driving the centers' business planning process.
• Facilitate and actively participate in the recruitment of new surgeons and the increase of existing surgeon procedure volume.
• Direct the creation and implementation of a marketing and public relations program for the surgery center. This program will include website development if appropriate.
• Work collaboratively with the Blue Chip development team.
Board of Manager and Partner Relationships
• Represent BCSCP as a management entity and an owner at board meetings.
• Facilitate the expeditious flow and timing of ASC Board of Manager meetings.
• Actively work to maintain and improve relationships with all the physician partners.
• Communicate often, meet in person outside board meetings, query satisfaction levels and work closely with all partners in exchanging ideas and planning for the future.
• Be viewed by the partners as a business asset and resource (not only for the ASC but practice and other ventures).
• Demonstrate an ability to consider alternatives.
Human Resource Management
• Collaborate and correlate the hiring , training, mentoring and managing the performance of all assigned ASC Administrators
• Provide ASC Administrator performance appraisals and salary reviews
• Act as a liaison between external resource firm and the ASC.
• Diffuse or manage any adverse employment legal implications.
• Collaborate with appropriate resources in the annual offering and renewal of ASC employee benefit plans.
• Emulate a positive role model for our ASC management team.
• Collaborate and participate in the orientation of the management team.
• Collaborate and assist ASC management team during any employee corrective action activities.
• Oversee and assist with the development of the annual capital and operational budget process.
• Analyze ASC monthly expenses and provide summary to the Board of Managers.
• Deliver to ASC Board of Managers an annual financial report and annual report of operations within 90 days of year end.
• Collaborate with the Blue Chip support services to oversee accounting procedures, controls and systems appropriate to the business operation of the surgery center.
• Assist as necessary, BCSCP Director of Payor Contracting and Reimbursement with the development of fee schedules and contracts with third party payors.
• Monitor all relevant permits, licenses and certifications to operate the Surgery Center and direct all activities in connection with its ongoing licensure, accreditation and Medicare certification.
• Provide and advise Surgery Center on a regulatory Corporate Compliance Plan, HIPAA, and compliance with federal and state OSHA standards.
Quality Management, Risk Assessment & Process Improvement
• Assist in the formation, implementation and ongoing monitoring of utilization management, patient satisfaction and quality assurance procedures and protocols.
• Analyze and review comparison data for center benchmarking with other similar centers.
• Provide assistance with Performance Improvement activities.
• Monitor all ASC risk management activities including, but not limited to root cause analysis and incident reporting, workers compensation, liability, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Ability to travel extensively including weekends if required. 12 working days per month – 60% to 70% travel.
• Working knowledge of business office functions in an ambulatory healthcare setting and computerized bookkeeping through financial statements.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships based on trust and respect.
• Experience with basic computer applications including word processing, internet and spreadsheet programs.
• Effective problem assessment and resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within the organization
• Working knowledge of federal and state regulations specific to Ambulatory Surgery Centers and relevant healthcare issues.
• Bachelor's degree required. MHA, MBA or MSN preferred.
• Extensive clinical and managerial competence and five years’ management experience in an ambulatory surgery center or an operating room in an acute care hospital.
• Should have prior experience with survey preparation from approved accreditation association (i.e., JCAHO or AAAHC, etc.)
• Attends and participates in annual ASCA conference and two others as relative to position growth and competency.
• Maintains memberships and certifications as appropriate for position.
Please send resumes to Jessie LeFevers at Jessie@bluechipsurgical.com.
Learn more about Blue Chip Partners.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.