Zoom is changing the payer industry, with its Millennial-friendly health plan — 8 takeaways
Zoom, a Portland, Ore.-based medical provider and payer, targets Millennials with its quick, accessible care and wellness benefits, according to Time.
Here are eight takeaways:
1. The Zoom+ health plan offers members more control and transparency.
2. Members may schedule same-day appointments via a mobile app.
3. Zoom wants to throw out the traditional healthcare experience and replace it with convenience, as well as offer patients a welcoming atmosphere.
4. Waiting rooms don't offer magazines, because patients never have to wait that long.
5. Zoom offers dental care, mental health services and chronic disease management. Patients may also see various specialists.
6. The provider offers a performance studio for fitness and a clinic for broken bone and concussion treatment.
7. Zoom sells its plans on the Oregon health exchange, and about 2,500 consumers have purchased the plan.
8. Portland, Seattle and Vancouver, Wash., consumers may access Zoom.
More articles on coding, billing & collections:
CMS updates Medicare Part B data — 5 points
6 strategies for physicians to successfully navigate MIPS
California may be 1st exchange to offer coverage to undocumented immigrants: 5 takeaways
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader