Will Your Vendors Be ICD-10 Compliant in Time?A recent healthcare survey of vendors confirmed that 80 vendors plan to release ICD-10-compliant products in 2014, but 35 percent are due for release in the fourth quarter, after the Oct. 1 implementation deadline, according to ICD-10 Watch.
Healthcare practices need to speak with vendors now and may need replacement vendors in case their vendors will not be compliant in time, according to the report.
When talking to vendors, ask questions, such as:
• Will a mapping strategy be used between ICD-9 and 10 code sets?
• What is your timeline for system modifications?
• Are there new hardware requirements for ICD-10 software changes?
• Is there a phased approach for implementing ICD-10?
Get regular information from vendors so your practice can be prepared to proceed with the coding transition.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
South Dakota Introduces Legislation to Give Patients Greater Out-of-Network Choice
Vermont Progresses Toward Single-Payor Healthcare System
Computer-Assisted Coding Will Not Solve All ICD-10 Difficulties
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition