UPMC Invests $100M in Data Warehouse
UPMC will be using several data platforms to maintain the information, including IBM's Cognos for business intelligence and financial management and dbMotion's interoperability platform for patient records.
The strategy aims to boost clinical and financial analytics to complement existing electronic health records, with the goal of helping physicians predict patient risk factors or effective treatments. The program also hopes to drive efficiency and cope with exponential data growth.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
7 Revenue Cycle Best Practices for Surgery Centers
Litton & Giddings Radiological Associates Announces HIPAA Breach of 13K Patient Records
Outsourced Billing Can Have Numerous Benefits for Physician Practices
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About