UnitedHealthcare's Medicare, Medicaid businesses total 14.9M — Payer has 49.3M members
UnitedHealthcare's Medicare and Medicaid businesses account for 30 percent of its total membership base, San Antonio Express-News reports.
Here's what you need to know:
1. The payer announced its Medicare and Medicaid business has 14.9 million customers in its fiscal year 2017 first quarter results.
2. The company expanded its Medicare and Medicaid offerings. For the payer, the two government programs remain lucrative. UnitedHealthcare pulled out of the ACA exchanges after offering coverage in 34 states last year.
3. UnitedHealthcare expects its FY 2017 earnings will be between $9.65 and $9.85 per share. Analysts project earnings of $9.51 EPS.
4. In Q1, the payer posted earnings of $2.37 a share, above analyst expectations of $2.17 EPS.
More articles on coding, billing and collections:
Anthem selects Alegeus for consumer-directed healthcare solutions partnership: 3 notes
Online patient community advocates for transparent drug pricing practices
The 4 secrets to scaling your business
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CDC chief fears deadly Candida auris could spread: 6 notes
- Survey says 33% of providers using telehealth services
- Payer group advocates for continuing cost sharing reductions — 4 key notes
- The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety adds associate editors
- Northwest Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine opening surgery center: 4 key notes