Two St. Louis Hospitals Approved for CMS Bundled Payment ProgramsTwo SSM hospitals, St. Mary's Health Center and DePaul Health Center, have been approved for bundled payment pilot programs by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, according to The St. Louis American.
The programs are par of CMS' "Bundled Payments for Care Improvement" pilot programs. SSM DePaul will focus on bundled payments for orthopedic care, while SSM St. Mary's will address payments for patients with congestive heart failure.
The program aims to reduce cost while maintaining high quality care for patients. Under bundled payments, the healthcare facility will use the average cost of all elements of the service and determine an overall fee for the patients.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Medicare SGR Uncertainty Keeps Physicians From Embracing New Payment Models
What to Take Away From Chatham Surgicore's $3M Victory Against BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
7 Steps for Surgery Centers to Prepare for ICD-10
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition