Top 5 Diagnosis Documentation Challenges Under ICD-10In addition to including a slew of new codes, ICD-10 also requires more specific physician documentation, according to Healthcare Finance News.
Here are some of the top diagnoses that will present ICD-10 documentation challenges for physicians:
• Heart failure
• Renal failure
• Respiratory failure
• Acute hypovolemia
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
7 Ways to Make the ICD-10 Switch Less Painful
Dr. David Blumenthal: Electronic Health Records Need to be Easier for Physicians to Use
10 Common Reasons Top ASC Procedures Are Unexpectedly Denied
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition