Surgery Center Network Launched by Surgical NotesSurgical Notes has launched the Surgery Center Network, a service to connect a network of ambulatory surgery centers to insurance plans, workers' compensation payors and the general public.
Through this network, users can view surgery cost comparisons and outcomes data, receive surgery education and evaluate ASCs, according to the release. As membership grows, the site will develop to include a data quality and performance analysis portal, malpractice rate calculator and more.
Surgical Notes, headed by President Jeff Blankenship, provides transcription, coding and information technology services for ASCs. Mr. Blankenship said in the release that he hopes SCN will increase medical pricing transparency and become a premier direct listing association for ASCs.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
CMS Accepts Hudson Holdco Hospitals Into Bundled Payment Pilot Program
Health Revenue Assurance Holdings Seeks Beta Testers for ICD-10 Software
Is Your ASC Ready? 5 Keys to the ICD-10 Switch
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers