Surgery Center Network Hosts Focus Group for Third-Party Administrators
The Surgery Center Network recently hosted a focus group bringing together third-party administrators from across the country to discuss the health insurance industry's expectations of a surgery network.
Topics discussed as critical factors to making Surgery Center Network as successful as possible include transparent, bundled case rates; a payment process that allows SCN to make cash payments in a matter of days; a concierge service to guide patients and their advocates from beginning to the end of the case; and a desire for select, quality ASC providers in each of their key marketplaces.
The TPAs present have begun to implement various tools to help facilitate narrow provider networks and direct contracting as means of combating broad-based PPO networks and the traditional discounting approach to managing healthcare costs.
"We are grateful for the opportunity to meet with leading TPA executives and learn about their specific needs while sharing our vision for rolling SCN out not only to their self-insured employer clients, but the entire payer industry," said Jeff Blankinship, President of SCN. "Our plan focuses on price transparency, consumerism, bundled payments, the referral process, pre- and post-surgical concierge services and the reporting of quality outcomes — qualities that were embraced by the TPA executives."
The group was facilitated by President of McLellan Consulting Services Glenn McLellan.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The shift from grouper to APC reimbursement: Advice for ASCs and HOPDs
- International Association of HealthCare Professionals adds Dr. Robert Reveille: 3 things to know
- Diagnostic colonoscopy cost in Australia, South Africa, US & more: 7 notes
- Propofol as effective as traditional anesthesia in GI/endoscopy procedures: 4 key insights
- Bothwell Regional Health Center adds Dr. Jared Engles: 3 things to know