Surgery Center Coding Guidance: Redo Laminotomy or Laminectomy Procedures
CPT copyright 2010 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
The following article is written by Stephanie Ellis, RN, CPC, president of Ellis Medical Consulting.
For re-exploration laminotomy/hemilaminectomy procedures, use CPT 63040 for the initial cervical interspace and add-on code 63043 for additional cervical interspaces.
Use CPT 63042 for the initial lumbar interspace and add-on code 63044 for additional lumbar interspaces.
If a transpedicular endoscopic approach is used, there is no CPT code, so the 64999 unlisted CPT code should be used.
Learn more about Ellis Medical Consulting.
The information provided should be utilized for educational purposes only. Please consult with your billing and coding expert. Facilities are ultimately responsible for verifying the reporting policies of individual commercial and MAC/FI carriers prior to claim submissions.
Related Articles on Spine Coding:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Cleveland Clinic anesthesiologist Dr. Marc Feldman found dead in motel: 5 things to know
- AGA, other societies express concerns about alternate payment model adoption to CMS: 4 notes
- 4 insights on increasing anesthesia use in outpatient GI procedures
- 10 statistics on annual & hourly pay for ophthalmologists
- CMS data: In 2015, healthcare industry made $7B+ in payments, investment interests to physicians