Study: 50% of Hospitals Not Following CMS' ICD-10 Timeline
About 50 percent are not following the CMS timeline for transitioning to the new code set, according to the survey. The survey also found 40 percent have not begun training their coding staff in ICD-10-CM and 55 percent have not started training with ICD-10-PCS. Thirty-one percent also do not plan to dual code before the Oct. 1, 2014, implementation deadline.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
6 Ways to Avoid Losing Revenue on ASC Claims
Florida Senate Bill Could Change County Medicaid Pay Formula
HRAA Appoints Evan McKeown as CFO
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Surgery Partners acquires Riverside Pain Physicians; Cantor Fitzgerald analyst claims AmSurg's latest merger leaves its ASC business' future hanging in the balance & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 6 best injection practices for your healthcare facility
- 5 most read GI/endoscopy stories: June 20 — June 24
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hemant Roy of Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Paul Levy joins Mountain Medical Associates: 3 points