Study: 50% of Hospitals Not Following CMS' ICD-10 Timeline
About 50 percent are not following the CMS timeline for transitioning to the new code set, according to the survey. The survey also found 40 percent have not begun training their coding staff in ICD-10-CM and 55 percent have not started training with ICD-10-PCS. Thirty-one percent also do not plan to dual code before the Oct. 1, 2014, implementation deadline.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
6 Ways to Avoid Losing Revenue on ASC Claims
Florida Senate Bill Could Change County Medicaid Pay Formula
HRAA Appoints Evan McKeown as CFO
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader