Study: 50% of Hospitals Not Following CMS' ICD-10 Timeline
About 50 percent are not following the CMS timeline for transitioning to the new code set, according to the survey. The survey also found 40 percent have not begun training their coding staff in ICD-10-CM and 55 percent have not started training with ICD-10-PCS. Thirty-one percent also do not plan to dual code before the Oct. 1, 2014, implementation deadline.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
6 Ways to Avoid Losing Revenue on ASC Claims
Florida Senate Bill Could Change County Medicaid Pay Formula
HRAA Appoints Evan McKeown as CFO
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CMS to unveil 1st all-payer ACO in Vermont in 2017 — 6 things to know
- Healthcare stakeholders play the blame game over drug prices: 5 things to know
- Tenet shares plummet 4.2% — 4 takeaways
- 4 key notes on Merritt Healthcare's spinoff focused on M&A activity
- Pediatric dental, medical procedures performed in single visit reduce anesthesia exposure: 5 study insights