Study: 50% of Hospitals Not Following CMS' ICD-10 Timeline
About 50 percent are not following the CMS timeline for transitioning to the new code set, according to the survey. The survey also found 40 percent have not begun training their coding staff in ICD-10-CM and 55 percent have not started training with ICD-10-PCS. Thirty-one percent also do not plan to dual code before the Oct. 1, 2014, implementation deadline.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
6 Ways to Avoid Losing Revenue on ASC Claims
Florida Senate Bill Could Change County Medicaid Pay Formula
HRAA Appoints Evan McKeown as CFO
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Plexus' Anesthesia Touch becomes first mobile AIMS solution: 3 thoughts
- Study suggests effectiveness of donor fecal microbiota transplantation: 5 insights
- What were the most expensive and most commonly prescribed Medicare Part D Drugs in 2014?
- Elderly patients who undergo IBD surgery show high mortality, complication rates: 4 insights
- SpectraScience announces accurate colorectal cancer diagnosis with WavSTAT4: 4 notes