St. Elizabeth Healthcare Accused of Over Billing
A lawsuit was filed again Covington, Ky.-based St. Elizabeth Healthcare and its physician group for overbilling patients, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
The plaintiff is listed wishes to remain anonymous and is listed in court records as Jane Doe.
The plaintiff's attorney alleged that St. Elizabeth's physicians have a widespread practice of billing for additional office visits that did not take place. The suit claims to have more than 500 patients who have been billed multiple times for the same visit.
St. Elizabeth has not responded to accusations.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
8 Low-Cost Ways to Prepare for ICD-10
Federal Officials To Investigate EHRs for Fraud Potential
HHS Supports Meaningful Use, Disputes Calls by Lawmakers to Suspend
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition