St. Elizabeth Healthcare Accused of Over Billing
The plaintiff is listed wishes to remain anonymous and is listed in court records as Jane Doe.
The plaintiff's attorney alleged that St. Elizabeth's physicians have a widespread practice of billing for additional office visits that did not take place. The suit claims to have more than 500 patients who have been billed multiple times for the same visit.
St. Elizabeth has not responded to accusations.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
8 Low-Cost Ways to Prepare for ICD-10
Federal Officials To Investigate EHRs for Fraud Potential
HHS Supports Meaningful Use, Disputes Calls by Lawmakers to Suspend
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
PGM Billing launches CPT Coding Tool — 5 quick factsRead Now
- 3 things to know about the workplace generational gap
- 3 recently accredited ASCs
- Medical Facilities Corporation revenue up 5.5%: 5 3Q financial result insights
- Veteran reaches out to thank Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center
- Virginia Mason Medical Center gastroenterologists use Sedasys system for propofol delivery