PPACA Update: What Do Exchanges Mean for ASCs?
• 3.3 million people have signed up for coverage through the exchanges
• 1.9 million people have selected plans through the federal exchange
• 1.4 million people have selected plans through state exchanges
• Enrollment levels are at 75 percent of the overall goal
How are ASCs affected?
• Some may be unexpectedly out-of-network
• Insurance verification may reveal patients have not activated coverage by paying first premiums
• Rising premiums may make it more difficult for patients to meet their financial responsibility
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
Avoiding ASC Claims Denials in the ICD-10 Age: 8 Key Concepts
ICD-10: A Step Toward Streamlined Medical Billing?
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market to Reach $6.5B by 2018
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years