PPACA Update: What Do Exchanges Mean for ASCs?
• 3.3 million people have signed up for coverage through the exchanges
• 1.9 million people have selected plans through the federal exchange
• 1.4 million people have selected plans through state exchanges
• Enrollment levels are at 75 percent of the overall goal
How are ASCs affected?
• Some may be unexpectedly out-of-network
• Insurance verification may reveal patients have not activated coverage by paying first premiums
• Rising premiums may make it more difficult for patients to meet their financial responsibility
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
Avoiding ASC Claims Denials in the ICD-10 Age: 8 Key Concepts
ICD-10: A Step Toward Streamlined Medical Billing?
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market to Reach $6.5B by 2018
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Medicare colonoscopy reimbursement cuts could impact GI in 2016 & beyond
- October 2015 Issue of Becker's ASC Review
- Endoscopic vessel harvesting: Key thoughts on benefits for patients
- Colorado panel to analyze healthcare costs — 5 points
- CMS addresses ICD-10 implementation errors — 5 observations