PPACA Update: What Do Exchanges Mean for ASCs?
• 3.3 million people have signed up for coverage through the exchanges
• 1.9 million people have selected plans through the federal exchange
• 1.4 million people have selected plans through state exchanges
• Enrollment levels are at 75 percent of the overall goal
How are ASCs affected?
• Some may be unexpectedly out-of-network
• Insurance verification may reveal patients have not activated coverage by paying first premiums
• Rising premiums may make it more difficult for patients to meet their financial responsibility
More Articles on Coding and Billing:
Avoiding ASC Claims Denials in the ICD-10 Age: 8 Key Concepts
ICD-10: A Step Toward Streamlined Medical Billing?
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market to Reach $6.5B by 2018
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader