Paul Ryan says policymakers will refine AHCA: 6 insights
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said Republicans legislators are revising the American Health Care Act to lock down more votes for the proposal, CBS News reports.
Here's what you should know.
1. Speaker Ryan didn't bring the measure to the floor this week, and did not comment to CBS regarding whether he would do so next week.
2. House and Senate opposition emerged to the AHCA following a congressional report stating approximately 24 million people could lose insurance within a decade if the measure passes.
3. Republican leaders held a meeting March 15, 2017, where they urged other legislators to unite behind the bill.
4. Vice President Mike Pence said, "It's our job to get it out of here and get it to the Senate."
5. Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, opposes the AHCA, telling reporters that Republicans needed to "win his support."
6. Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said the measure wouldn't pass the Senate in its current form. The comment angered House moderates, CBS reports. Rep. Charles Dent, R-Pa., said moderates don't want to vote on a bill that would die in the Senate.
More articles on coding, billing and collections:
Judge rules ASC should have access to malpractice insurer data to discover potential bias: 5 things to know
The 4 secrets to scaling your business
7 points on Americans' awareness on key ACA provisions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Adedayo Mokuolu of Desert Gastroenterology Associates
- Tenapanor provides 'compelling' symptom relief in phase IIb trial: 3 insights
- Gastro Health acquires Gastroenterology Consultants: 4 key notes
- Top Doctor Awards honors Dr. Kevin Collier: 3 points
- AAAHC elects board officers: 4 insights