MedPAC: ASC Growth Continued to Slow in 2011
The Medicare Payment Advisory Committee has released data that provides an overview of Medicare spending, including the recent trend of slowed growth in the number of ASCs, which continued in 2011, according to an ASCA report.
ASCA continues to be concerned that inequitable payment policies between ASCs and HOPDs are curtailing ASC growth. The organization expressed concern that payment inequity may prompt a growth in conversion of ASCs to HOPDs.
Learn more about ASCA.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
New Mass. Law Looks to Curb Healthcare Spending
UnitedHealth Group Joins Federal Government's Fight Against Healthcare Fraud
Kam Technologies Develops Cloud-Based Anesthesia Billing System for ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Best Tips for Launching an Infection Risk Improvement Plan
- How to Manage and Leverage Vendor Relationships
- 3 Steps to Control Labor Costs
- 10 Steps to Immediately Improve Surgery Center Profits: Cost Reduction & Benchmarking
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor