Medicare Payment Cuts Loom for ASCs; Economists Warn Forestalling Could Have Dire Consequences
Most economists have said that failing to act on these issues could prompt another recession and additional job losses.
Medicare payments to providers are scheduled to face a 2 percent reduction in 2013 and beyond, meaning that the 0.6 percent update for ASCs in 2013 will become a 1.4 percent reduction unless sequestration is forestalled.
Learn more about the ASCA Government Affairs Update.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
5 Challenges for Coding & Billing Compliance
10 Leading Payors by Dollars Collected
AMA Opposes ICD-10 Implementation, Pushes for ICD-11
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
New ICD-10 research indicates physicians' worriesRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics