Medicare Payment Cuts Loom for ASCs; Economists Warn Forestalling Could Have Dire Consequences
Most economists have said that failing to act on these issues could prompt another recession and additional job losses.
Medicare payments to providers are scheduled to face a 2 percent reduction in 2013 and beyond, meaning that the 0.6 percent update for ASCs in 2013 will become a 1.4 percent reduction unless sequestration is forestalled.
Learn more about the ASCA Government Affairs Update.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
5 Challenges for Coding & Billing Compliance
10 Leading Payors by Dollars Collected
AMA Opposes ICD-10 Implementation, Pushes for ICD-11
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 articles on ASC out-of-network strategyRead Now
- 7 gastroenterologists making the news - July 29, 2014
- Surgery Partners outlook, USPI leadership move & more – 5 recent key notes on ASC companies
- 4 e-strategies to strengthen private practice
- Eisenberg Award applications open August 1
- Inova Comprehensive Cancer and Research Institute recognizes FOAA Anesthesia