Medicare Overpayments/Underpayments Interest Rates Rise
Providers and suppliers of healthcare supplies and services to Medicare beneficiaries will pay contractors more in interest for unrecouped overpayments and delinquent underpayments in the second quarter, according to an AAPC report.
The Treasury Department recently notified HHS that the private consumer rate has changed. The quarterly update to the interest rate for Medicare overpayments and underpayments is 10.875 percent, effective April 18.
This interest rate applies to incorrectly paid Medicare Parts A and B claims.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Employers Could Drop Insurance After 2014, Republicans Say
Medical Loss Ratio to Force $12B in Rebates From Health Insurers
ICD-10 Postponement Comments Due May 17
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition