Medicare Overpayments/Underpayments Interest Rates Rise
The Treasury Department recently notified HHS that the private consumer rate has changed. The quarterly update to the interest rate for Medicare overpayments and underpayments is 10.875 percent, effective April 18.
This interest rate applies to incorrectly paid Medicare Parts A and B claims.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Employers Could Drop Insurance After 2014, Republicans Say
Medical Loss Ratio to Force $12B in Rebates From Health Insurers
ICD-10 Postponement Comments Due May 17
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About