Medicare Engaged in 'Questionable' Billing of $6M in Diabetes Testing Strips
Medicare inappropriately filled $6 million in claims for diabetes testing strips in 2011, according to a report from HHS' Office of the Inspector General. The OIG analyzed DTS claims made in 2010 and 2011 (before and after the implementation of the Competitive Bidding Program in 2011) from both suppliers and hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
To read the rest of this article, visit Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Medicare colonoscopy reimbursement cuts could impact GI in 2016 & beyond
- October 2015 Issue of Becker's ASC Review
- Endoscopic vessel harvesting: Key thoughts on benefits for patients
- Colorado panel to analyze healthcare costs — 5 points
- CMS addresses ICD-10 implementation errors — 5 observations