Medicare Engaged in 'Questionable' Billing of $6M in Diabetes Testing Strips
Medicare inappropriately filled $6 million in claims for diabetes testing strips in 2011, according to a report from HHS' Office of the Inspector General. The OIG analyzed DTS claims made in 2010 and 2011 (before and after the implementation of the Competitive Bidding Program in 2011) from both suppliers and hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
To read the rest of this article, visit Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
CMS proposes ASC policy, payment changes for 2016: 8 things to knowRead Now
- Gawley Plastic Surgery Center offers newly FDA approved submental fat treatment: 4 key notes
- Olympus names ProVation MD as recommended EndoWorks replacement: 4 key notes
- CMS proposes ASC policy, payment changes for 2016: 8 things to know
- 7 things to know about the need for more primary care physicians
- Health insurance premiums rise faster than income — 5 key notes