Medicare Engaged in 'Questionable' Billing of $6M in Diabetes Testing Strips
Medicare inappropriately filled $6 million in claims for diabetes testing strips in 2011, according to a report from HHS' Office of the Inspector General. The OIG analyzed DTS claims made in 2010 and 2011 (before and after the implementation of the Competitive Bidding Program in 2011) from both suppliers and hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
To read the rest of this article, visit Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About