Medicare Engaged in 'Questionable' Billing of $6M in Diabetes Testing Strips
Medicare inappropriately filled $6 million in claims for diabetes testing strips in 2011, according to a report from HHS' Office of the Inspector General. The OIG analyzed DTS claims made in 2010 and 2011 (before and after the implementation of the Competitive Bidding Program in 2011) from both suppliers and hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
To read the rest of this article, visit Becker's Hospital Review.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Patient identification complexity & why the industry is still trying to get it right: 5 considerations
- The Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders installs Mazor system in ambulatory outpatient setting: 4 things to know
- 5 financial thoughts for mid-career physicians
- ASA, ePreop partner on quality reporting software: 5 notes
- RIVANNA partners with Vertec Scientific to market new anesthesia device: 3 notes