Massachusetts Price Transparency Law Problematic
Providers are still figuring out how to give this information to patients. Often a specific procedural code is needed for an accurate cost estimation. Also, once patients secure the average costs, they must still figure out what that means for their insurance deductible, co-pay and more.
The law also stipulates physician give patients the price of anything they will be responsible for paying within two days of a request. The state also does not have the authority to mandate physicians comply.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
2014 Outlook: 7 Issues for Gastroenterologists to Focus on This Year
SourceMedical Names Mary Brown Vice President of Software Engineering
6 Recent Key Notes on ASC Management & Development Companies – HCA, Regent Surgical Health, SCA & More
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 10 highest, lowest earning US regions for physicians
- AAFP submits physician-focused alternative payment model: 6 things to know
- Marathon Pharmaceuticals withdraws from PhRMA: 4 notes
- 3 strategies to improve patients' opioid storage, disposal practices
- American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizes Bethesda Surgery Center for nursing excellence: 3 takeaways