Massachusetts Price Transparency Law Problematic
Providers are still figuring out how to give this information to patients. Often a specific procedural code is needed for an accurate cost estimation. Also, once patients secure the average costs, they must still figure out what that means for their insurance deductible, co-pay and more.
The law also stipulates physician give patients the price of anything they will be responsible for paying within two days of a request. The state also does not have the authority to mandate physicians comply.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
2014 Outlook: 7 Issues for Gastroenterologists to Focus on This Year
SourceMedical Names Mary Brown Vice President of Software Engineering
6 Recent Key Notes on ASC Management & Development Companies – HCA, Regent Surgical Health, SCA & More
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Legislators advocate for vaccines as debate over effectiveness takes center stage
- GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
- Woodland Hills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 key notes
- Vision Eye Center acquires Virginia eye care practice: 3 key notes
- 5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers