MaineCare to Stop Reimbursing for Ambulatory Surgery Center Services
The Department of Health and Human Services recently sent letters to providers notifying them that MaineCare will no longer reimburse for ambulatory surgery center services, according to a Kennebec Journal report.
The prohibition for reimbursement began September 1, according to the letter.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Increased Observation Unit Efficiency Could Save Hospitals $31B Nationally
5 Tactics to Negotiate Bundled Payments for Surgery Centers
CMS Provides Health Plan Identifier HIPAA Preparation Resources
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers