KPCC Creates Searchable Database of California Medicare Procedure Costs
KPCC, Southern California’s public radio station, created a searchable database of hospital chargemaster costs for the state, based on CMS data released in May.
The database will allow patients and healthcare providers to compare costs of Medicare’s 100 most frequently billed procedures in 2011. The database is designed to help increase price transparency and make health systems more accountable for inflated billing.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Healthcare Price Transparency Market to Grow 55% by 2016
CPT Requires Updated Codes for Thoracentesis Reporting
Top 5 States Receiving EHR Incentive Payments
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About