Knee Arthroscopy & Chondroplasty Coding Changes for 2012
AAOS Now report.
CPT code 29877 for chondroplasty did not change, but the codes for performing meniscectomy (CPT 29880 and 29881) with chondroplasty were updated, regardless of the compartment. Reporting the CPT code 29877 for chondroplasty in Medicare patients is acceptable if only the chondroplasty is performed. However, surgeons must use the G code G0289 if the arthroscopic chondroplasty is performed in addition to other arthroscopic knee procedures for Medicare patients.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
Dr. David Altchek to Perform Shoulder Surgery on Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda
Wisconsin Medical Society Honors Dr. William Jarvis as a Physician Citizen of the Year
Lake Regional Health System Honors Dr. Jeff Jones
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About