Insurance Companies Introduce Healthcare Cost Calculators
Colorado insurance companies are trying to lower the price of medical procedures by providing information on surgical costs, according to a Denver Business Journal report.
On March 31, UnitedHealthcare introduced a new program for clients that allows them to compare the costs of 125 medical procedures at hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers across Denver and nationwide. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Colorado has offered members a similar program since late 2010.
The programs aim to engage consumers in controlling the cost of their care.
Related Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
New York Hospitals Overcharge Insurers Without Consequence
Physicians and Consumers Have Unfavorable Opinions of Health Insurers, Study Says
Data From Surgery Center Patients Compromised in Hospital Breach
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers