ICD-10 Project Plan Should Be Developed by Now, CMS SaysA significant amount of ICD-10 transition planning should now be complete for small and medium practices, according to the CMS timeline for implementation.
The following tasks should be completed by the end of March:
• ICD-10 resources reviewed
• Implementation team created
• Project plan developed
• Budget estimated and finalized
• Talks with vendors and payors about readiness completed
• Effect of new code set on your practice identified
The following tasks should be completed before the end of 2013:
• Educate staff about changes for frequently used codes
• Train key ICD-10 testing personnel
• Test with external partners in October
• Test internal systems
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Fewer MRI, CT Scans Could Account for Slower Healthcare Inflation
Physician Survey: 27% Would Drop Low-Paying Insurers Despite Patient Population
Senate Dems' Budget Would Repeal SGR, Restore Lost Medicare Payments
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers