ICD-10 Preparation for Small & Medium Physician Practices: 7 Actions to Take Now
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has released an online ICD-10 transition checklist for small and medium physician practices.
Here are seven planning, communication and assessment actions to take before beginning the testing process.
• Review ICD-10 resources from CMS, trade associations, payers and vendors
• Inform your staff of impending changes
• Bring together an ICD-10 project team
• Identify how ICD-10 will impact your practice
• Develop and complete an ICD-10 project plan for your practice
• Estimate and secure a budget
• Reach out to trading partners to understand their level of ICD-10 readiness
More Articles on ICD-10:
5 Key CMs Resources for ICD-10 Preparation
5 Recent Stories on ICD-10
CMS Stand Fast on ICD-10 Compliance Deadline
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review