ICD-10, Healthcare Reform Challenging Health Information Management Strategies
Healthcare Finance News.
One of the biggest challenges will be decreasing revenue from government payors, according to the report titled “HIM Services 2012: Helping to Weather the Storm.”
Providers will also need to train staff members in the new regulations and procedures for ICD-10, meaningful use and more while retaining high-quality employees. To address these issues, many providers are looking to outsource HIM needs and use computer-assisted coding for ICD-10.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Athenahealth Acquires Epocrates Mobile Provider
AMA, Medial Groups Call for CMS to Stop ICD-10 Mandate
Growth of ASCs Could Save Taxpayers Hundreds of Millions in Medicare Dollars by 2017
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 things to know about PMC's Online AnalyticsRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes