ICD-10, Healthcare Reform Challenging Health Information Management Strategies
One of the biggest challenges will be decreasing revenue from government payors, according to the report titled “HIM Services 2012: Helping to Weather the Storm.”
Providers will also need to train staff members in the new regulations and procedures for ICD-10, meaningful use and more while retaining high-quality employees. To address these issues, many providers are looking to outsource HIM needs and use computer-assisted coding for ICD-10.
More Articles on Coding, Billing and Collections:
Athenahealth Acquires Epocrates Mobile Provider
AMA, Medial Groups Call for CMS to Stop ICD-10 Mandate
Growth of ASCs Could Save Taxpayers Hundreds of Millions in Medicare Dollars by 2017
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How one Miami-based ASC increased its EBITDA by 90% — 4 key strategies
- Eye care center selects Compulink's EHR system — 6 quick points
- Olympus under fire again, Exact Sciences' Q2 2016 revenue totals $21.2M & more — 5 GI company key notes
- Gastroenterologist & former UCLA medical school dean Dr. Sherman Mellinkoff dies: 4 things to know
- 5 trends in healthcare payment reform: Does price transparency help or hurt?